View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Interesting cat rescue 

Post Interesting cat rescue
I think Patrick Brandt in NC is really our premier eastern U.S. cat rescuer. I don't do a lot of them but this one was a doozy. As I was setting my rope a guy came out of a liquor store across a state highway and starting yelling at me, since he wouldn't stop I crossed over the road and had a short talk with him, he was quiet after that.
https://vimeo.com/240783221

This was the highlight of any of my rescues to-date, happened over the summer, Gold-capped Conure escaped in a trailer park. During the nearly two-day rescue including lightning and downpours a trailer next to the parrot's owner's trailer burned down, just as I was preparing to climb and make the final capture. As we ran towards her trailer I kept repeating "It's not your trailer on fire!" I was glad as she was to see it was not her trailer going up in smoke. On day 2 I really didn't think I'd get it, it felt like a miracle when I did. DMM Captain Hook was used to pull the upper branches of a red oak over to the oak I was in and the parrot walked down and perched on my finger, sweet moment. Didn't have a helmet cam on for that so the video is fairly brief.
https://vimeo.com/225873750

I know things are slow on Canopy Chatter these days, it's worth keeping it going if we can.
-AJ

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Rogue Canuck

Post Re: Interesting cat rescue
I enjoyed the videos, Andrew, thanks for posting them. That cat was very rude, and was lucky it was you there and not me, because I might well have dropped him in a fit of pique! I'm glad the parrot rescue went much better -- it makes things seem more fair in the balance.
moss wrote:
I know things are slow on Canopy Chatter these days, it's worth keeping it going if we can.

Totally agree, and wish more of us did, too!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]