View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dream Tree red oak 

Post Dream Tree red oak
I've been mentoring some climbers in my area, last Sunday we went to a tree I've been eyeing going on 3 years. It turned out much better than I expected, perfect day, perfect as a tree can be. I posted this on FB but there is a much bigger world than FB out there. I hope you're all getting some spring climbs in, great time to be in the trees.

When your rope just makes it, the challenges of using a 120' rope on woods climbs

We named it "Dream Tree" but it easily could've been "Big Buttresses", reminds me of some of the oaks in Congaree/SC.

Air time

Favorite view

All the darn photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/naturejournal/albums/72157669004475118

-AJ

Thu May 17, 2018 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Rogue Canuck

Post Re: Dream Tree red oak
That DOES look like a good tree, Andrew. I hope to climb a nice oak someday, it's one type I never have.

Nice to see you're still doing your part in bringing new climbers into the sport. I recently got my brother and his grandson up into a big poplar the other weekend. A good time was had by all, and both of them want to do it again!

Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Post Re: Dream Tree red oak
Dietley wrote:
That DOES look like a good tree, Andrew. I hope to climb a nice oak someday, it's one type I never have.

Nice to see you're still doing your part in bringing new climbers into the sport. I recently got my brother and his grandson up into a big poplar the other weekend. A good time was had by all, and both of them want to do it again!

Excellent!

Thu May 31, 2018 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]